Back to News
Electronic Repeat Dispensing
Posted on 11 Sep 2020
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), Spring Hill Medical Centre are currently in the process of searching its registered patient list for suitable patients to move over to electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) (patient consent is required before any move).
eRD will help you protect yourself and continue to receive your regular medication. It means we can send your regular or repeat prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. You can then collect your medication from your pharmacy, or ask them to deliver it to your home. It’s easy to set up and you don't need a computer or electronic device.
If you are suitable Spring Hill Medical Centre will be in contact with you and you do not need to do anything.
Benefits of eRD
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they'll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
- save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
- order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if your GP practice offers this service)
- pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit your GP
- spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy or GP practice, which means you can stay at home and avoid face-to-face contact when you need your repeat prescription during the coronavirus pandemic
- save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy
Visit www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/erd-patients for more information.