Mental Health - Young People
- Dear Life - The website dearlife.org.uk is home to information, advice and resources across Coventry and Warwickshire for people to get help for themselves or a loved one to face negative thoughts and emotions in ways that are most suited to their needs.
- RISE - For young people in crisis, RISE offer a helpline, available 24 hours a day on 0808 196 6798 where teenagers can talk to someone confidentially and get help
- Smart phone apps – Apps like ChatHealth, ThinkNinja or Stay Alive offer impartial advice available at any time of the day.
- Coventry and Warwickshire’s local mental health helpline is available on 0800 616 171, provided by Mental Health Matters.
All the helplines listed above can provide emotional support including:
- feeling low, anxious or stressed and wanting to talk to another person
- feelings of extreme emotional distress and feel that there is nowhere else to turn
- caring for another person and finding it difficult to cope
- needing advice about how to get more support with an issue that's affecting your mental wellbeing
- feeling socially isolated and just need a chat.
The following local and national mental health support and helplines are also available: