Welcome To A Young People Friendly Practice
Young People’s Charter
- We will not turn a young person away if they wish to attend an appointment on their own.
- We will respect young people’s confidentiality and will clearly display our confidentiality policy.
- We will at all times make every effort to not patronise young people.
- We will treat all young people with respect no matter what their age, sexuality, ethnicity or social background.
- We will display young people’s information.
- We will not use medical words unnecessarily but will attempt to use language that can be understood by all.
- We will provide an environment where young people feel safe to express themselves freely.
- We will make sure that young people feel able to ask for the help they need.
- We always welcome young people’s comments and ideas good or bad so we can act on them.
- This service is for you.
Young People’s Confidentiality Statement
Here to listen. Not to tell.
All the doctors, nurses, receptionists and other staff at this surgery will keep anything you tell them private just as they would for any adult.
We will not discuss any information about you with anyone else, unless you ask us to do so, except in circumstances where you or anyone else’s safety is at risk. We would then keep you fully informed.
If any of our young patients have other suggestions regarding how we can improve the service we provide for them please let us know by completing a patient suggestion form or by speaking to a member of our team.
The following are links to health related websites that may apply to young people but not part of the practice services:
https://www.childline.org.uk/ - ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor about anything.
http://www.talktofrank.com/treatment-centre/recovery-partnership-nuneaton-north-warwickshire Advice on recovery and support within your local area.
http://www.samaritans.org/ - Supporting anyone in distress, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
https://www.b-eat.co.uk/ - Beat provides helplines, online support and a network of UK-wide self-help groups to help adults and young people in the UK beat their eating disorders.
http://www.talktofrank.com/ - FRANK helps you find out everything you might want to know about drugs (and some stuff you don’t). For friendly, confidential advice, Talk to FRANK.
https://www.nspcc.org.uk/ - The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
https://www.nhs.uk/change4life-beta/be-food-smart#leRomQdv5tqplPWA.97 - The NHS healthy Eating Campaign.